The veterinarians and staff at Jacksonville Veterinary Hospital are ready to provide your pet with cutting edge veterinary medical care. From wellness exams and vaccines to advanced diagnostics and complex surgical procedures, your dog, cat or ferret will receive high quality care at our hospital.
How We Are Making Our Hospital Stress Free
- We have a spacious lobby to allow room for pets to wait without getting into each other's personal space.
- We use pet-pleasing paint colors throughout our hospital
- We have specific rooms for our canine and feline patients.
- We use dog or cat pheromones to help create a calm atmosphere
- We perform exams where your pet is most comfortable (i.e. table, floor, or owner’s lap)
- We use minimal restraint and take breaks as needed for your pet
- We offer treats to your pet during their visit and encourage you to bring their favorite with you
- We purchase vaccinations that contain a smaller volume per injection
- Our bordetella vaccination is orally administered versus the traditional nasal administration
- We use the smallest gauge needles whenever possible
- We apply new needles to syringes that may have dulled from drawing up vaccines or medications
- We encourage sedation to reduce the stress of an exam or treatment
How You Can Help:
- Bring your pet hungry so they will happily take treats from us
- Keep a calm energy around your pet to signal to them that the visit is going to be ok
- Use a carrier with a removable top to decrease stress when we need access to your pet
- Get your pet used to carriers by setting the carrier out with pheromone sprayed inside and treats available
- Help your pet be comfortable with exams by gently touching their ears, mouth, and paws when they are at home
- Use pheromones and calming music during the car ride to the vet- Please come by for a “happy visit” anytime you’re in the area (treats and love from the staff)